Biology Department organized the tilted workshop ( The World Herbaria and its Methods of Collecting and Pressing Botanic Samples ) at College of Science /Biology Department in martyr Raad Al Moulah Hall , it was attended by the Dean's Assistant for Academic Affairs Dr. Ali Maki , besides a large number of the university staff with the relevant authorities.
The Workshop Objectives:
- Informing the attendants from researchers and teaching staff and professionals by
the important of the Herbaria and plant wealth which were collected through the trips
to use them in different academic research that included all field of Botany and other
related fields .
- pointing out the work procedures of how finding the botanic sample witch is required to test by the researcher.
- Trainings and explanations have conducted about the process of storing and pressing the botanic samples by assistance of the expertise specific to the topic.
- showing the importance the Herbaria and its kinds beside the necessity of its association with the Plant wealth
- presenting the importance of Herbaria in studying the stored botanic sample instead of going to its deployment areas particularly if it is the home area of the sample.